Discover Scuba Diving Your First Breaths Underwater
Overview The Experience
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, a Discover Scuba Diving with Reef Dive Centre will let you try scuba to see if you like it.
Whilst not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. It takes a little getting used to –after all, human beings weren’t designed to do that – but after a few minutes of awestruck wonder, most participants realise how easy scuba diving really is. The biggest challenge instructors have with the Discover Scuba Diving program is not coaxing participants into the water, but coaxing them out when the program is over. The fun part? It’s all fun!
As a bonus, you can get credit! At Reef Dive Centre, your Discover Scuba Diving program typically includes an actual scuba dive in open water, which can allow your experience to count toward PADI Scuba Diver or Open Water Diver certification, putting you a step ahead of the game when you decide to go for it.
The Tuition Tailored for Beginners
- In our custom designed dive centre classroom with panoramic views of the resort, you learn the basic theory you need to dive under the direct supervision of our PADI Professional training team. This typically takes around 1 hour.
- After becoming comfortable with the knowledge, you will be fitted out with our top quality diving equipment and helped into our beautiful black granite, diver training infinity pool where you will learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it.
- The next things to learn are some basic skills in the shallow section of our pool and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course when you take the next step.
The Dives One Pool and Two Open Water
- Once you have mastered the simple skills in the swimming pool, you will have a short break where you will be able to have some lunch before we head out to our customised dive boat.
- Our dive boat will travel to one of Koh Tao's many secluded bays, where we will enter the water and you will have the opportunity to dive down to up to 12 metres depth and take in all the wonderful underwater vistas that the site has to offer.
- At all times you will be accompanied by one of our dive professional team to ensure your comfort and safety.
- After your first dive is completed, we return to the boat where you are greeted by our friendly crew who will have towels, hot drinks fresh fruit and pastries waiting for you during the interval.
- Whilst you relax and enjoy the hospitality which our boat has to offer, our Captain will pilot the boat to a new dive site where you have the chance to take a second dive.
The Scuba Gear You Use: All the equipment you will need is included in a Discover Scuba Diving experience. You just need to wear your bathing suit. All we need is your willingness and undivided attention
Discover Scuba Diving Experience (2 Dives)
To enrol in the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course, you must:
- Be 10 years or older.
- Be in good physical health. Prior medical conditions may prevent you from diving. Contact us for a medical questionnaire if you are unsure of your fitness to dive.
- Not be planning to fly within 18-24 hours of diving
All courses are subject 17.7% service charge and VAT.